Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting sent to the principals office

My oldest son is 4 now.  He has been in daycare pretty much since the day he was born.  He stayed at the same daycare center so there was no confusion in his mind about places and people.  It was a nice place the teachers were nice and taught him well.  Not just Carmine, the 4 year old, but Rocco too, both have my families low frustration tolerance.  Its unavoidable in my family, I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do about it. Well one day I get this missed call from the daycare and its from the director herself.  Says CARMINE IS IN THE OFFICE when I come to pick him up.  I'm thinking, oh shit what happened, right.  So I'm driving up to the daycare and I'm having those old feelings of when I was younger getting sent to the principals office.  Butterflies in my stomach and my mind preparing itself for whatever is going to happen, right.  And I don't just walk in the office all concerned with my head up, but like a dog who just got caught shitting on the rug with my head down like I was going to get a beating.  And I mumbled, what happened?  She tells me about how Carmine was not listening to the teacher.  She had to put him in time out for hitting.  And when he was in time out he wouldn't stay there, he would get up and run around laughing.  When the teacher tried to put him in time out again he replied, go head I wanna sit in time out and continued to laugh at her.  At this point the teacher has to call in the director to take him to the office for the remainder of his day and call me to pick him up.  Well let me tell you when I heard that it took 3 teachers to get my 3 year old under control, I myself could not help but laugh.  Then of course when Carmine sees me laughing he wants to laugh too.  So now this director, who is trying to discipline my child for laughing at her and not listening is now getting laughed at by both of us, me and Carmine.  I totally respect her but to me that was just funny.  And in the most sincere voice I told her that I would work on that with him and try to teach him to listen.  I'm not kidding when I say this, he got sent to the office 3 more times that same week!  Though I did get him to stop hitting, he just won't listen and continues to laugh at the teacher.

2 comments:

  1. When he's old enough, tell him the tale of how Daddy told the test tube baby's mom to 'go fuck herself' on the basketball court...Then tell him not to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have left this comment under my censoring blog. But Yes I will tell him not to do that. Unless the person comes at him like a raging lunatic like that one crazy bitch you speak of. She was so asking for it though, come on, don't make me sound like I was the instigator.

    ReplyDelete