Friday, July 30, 2010

Censoring

Ok.  Those of you who truly know me, censoring is something that was none existent in my house growing up.  The filthy obscenities that randomly came out of my parents mouths on a daily basis were ear piercing and even going in the next room to avoid hearing it didn't make a difference cause we lived in a 1000 square foot 3 bedroom apartment.  But don't miss understand what I'm saying here, there really wasn't any violence going on in the house.  That's just how well spoken my parents are and believe me if they heard me curse and swear in the house like they did I got a pop in the mouth and the classic line "who taught you to say that".  Well anyway, obviously now Im the adult and I can honestly say the only thing that changed is instead of my father popping me in the mouth,  I gotta get it dished out by my wife Lindsey.    Oh, and she say's "If I had a nickel for every time,  we would have paid off the house".  I have definatly showed 110% improvement in this area but its not just watching what you say.  It's the music in the car, and the movies on TV.  It took me a while to realize how much of my life I needed to censor for the sake of my kids.  And I still strive to make these improvements.  I went from listening to Eminem and 50 cent to "we sing children's songs and puff the magic dragon" in the car.  It's hilarious when I roll up to a stop light and I got jimmy crack corn jammin in the car.  If only Lindsey was thinking that we would end up watching spongebob and dora the explorer on the new 42in plasma she got me for xmas 3 years ago, she probably would have down sized to a 19in Zenith or some shit like that.  Road rage is another one of my "opportunities".  Of the 8 or 9 million people that live in NY, only about 15 or 20 people know how to drive.  Its funny, me and 19 other people are on that list.  Some of my favorite stories to tell are the one's were my father is cursing out a ups driver for double parking in the street and blocking the road, me and my brother sat in the back seat and laughed our asses off not realizing that one day we would be doing the same thing.  Well, time to grow up, now with kids in the car I can't do that shit anymore.  I just bit my lip and look for another way to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment